Friday, December 26, 2014

Review: Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited

Shade: WN 295



-  Product contains 3.2 g  -

Love the packaging! 

The color is (or looks) dark burgundy I'd say. 
I got this as a gift and I'm so ecstatic to try it out! I've been wanting a burgundy lipstick for a while now :)


One layer, applied on using a lipstick brush.
I did not prep my lips beforehand (i.e. with lip balm).
I was disappointed with the color pay off.

2nd layer applied on by running the lipstick across my lips. The result was much closer to the color of the lipstick, but, still not as dark. 

Here is the color under the sunlight and as you can see, this lipstick isn't matte but instead, offers a sheer shine which means this lipstick would be moisturizing. 

This lipstick doesn't say it's long lasting, and I'm not sure it is...but it can definitely last up to 4 hours and remain its color. 

I ate with the lipstick on and some came off as I ate (tried to do so carefully). 

I patted on some brown eye shadow to darken the color and it worked! Mattified the shine as well!

What I like:
  • Moisturizing 
  • Color build up (can be build from a sheer berry pink to a burgundy-ish color I guess haha)
  • Lasts up to 4 hours
  • No taste 
  • Kind of stains your lips...so even after you eat there will still be colors on your lips no matter what

What I don't like:
  • COLOR. I'd wanted a real burgundy lipstick, not berry-burgundy lipstick :/

No comments:

Post a Comment