Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review: Blincon Elegance-Crystal Grey

Package 
Diameter: 14.2
B.C.: 8.6 
42% water 
Design

 

I forgot to take a pic of my natural iris..so this is a pic from my previous review 





These contacts are way bigger than my iris, the contact not only covers my iris but the white part too(as you can see).

With Flash


 Without flash
With flash


Just as I suspected, wearing 14.2 mm contacts really does make a significant difference!

This is my first time wearing coloured lenses and it is the biggest diameter I've tried. I for sure won't be trying out 14.5mm.

When I first put the contacts in, I really scared myself. These are not contacts I'd want to wear during school for sure because it is too noticeable. Perhaps you can't tell from the picture above, but the designs in these contacts are very conspicuous and therefore do not look natural (yellow + blueish+ a thin black outline). In person, no one will be fooled that those are your real eye colour; even if the person might be at least 1 meter away from you, they'll still be able to tell that you are wearing contacts.

The design of the contacts are quite animated, for me, and since my eyes are small, 14.2mm really 'opened up' my eyes but at the same time it looks very unnatural.

I am really disappointed in the colour result. I chose grey because I thought it would make my eyes look brighter however on my eyes the colour turned out to be blue-ish! :(

My friends likes this look though....but I'm not so sure, so not used to this...

I've worn this to the mall before and under the bright lights it is very visible. Perhaps if these contacts only came in the size of our natural iris diameters, it'd look (much more) natural even with its odd colours. These contacts look pretty awesome in the dark/dim lights though, I must say.

These pair of contacts last for 3 months if you wear it daily, however if you only wear it occasionally, it is possible that it will last up to 4 months.

Some math:
If wearing it occasionally is what you plan on doing so that it'd last up to 4 months (or longer?), it would be best if you wear it for at least 5 times a month.

Freshlook Dailies review-->http://to-flawless.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-freshlook-illuminate-dailies.html

^^these are Rm35 for 5 days (Daily)

Blincon contacts are Rm90 (I think) for 3 months and the Dailies I've reviewed above are Rm 35 for 5 days, which is Rm 105 for 3 months. If you were to wear this for less than 5 days a month then these will be a loss in the investment.

What I like:
  • Looks good in pictures, with or without flash
  • Gives you doll-like eyes (it'll accentuate your eyes even more with makeup)
  • Lasts for at least 3 months
What I don't like:
  • Irritates my eyes after around 4 hours
  • Looks fake
  • The colour is way off...

Rate: 3/5 (mainly due to my disappointment with the colour outcome)









No comments:

Post a Comment