Monday, July 7, 2014

Review: Rimmel London Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick

This is travel exclusive--I bought it on flight

There were no testers on the plane (obviously...) so I was praying the colors were not going to be disappointing.
I love the packaging--it's mainly matte black
Also I love the little crown design on top of the cab :)
Here are the colors! 
The camera is just a bit bright here :P

                                  

Nude Lipstick (#003) 
This isn't as pale as it appeared to be on the box (Thank Gawd) 
Personally I hate nude lipsticks because they make me look lifeless so I gave this to my mom. She quite likes it.

#008
Maybe #08 doesn't look so flattering, but trust me, it is.
I really do think this is a color that will suit most Asians because you know how the color of our lips are a bit dark and not at all pink or berry red like Snow White? #008 is just pink enough and subtle enough to diminish the dark colors on our lips and make our lips appear naturally pink.
If you looove the natural look (for office, school, date, etc), you should def try this color out!

#005
I'd say this color is very close to the color of my Dior Rouge lipstick(Nude 663 Guipure)
review here:
http://to-flawless.blogspot.com/2013/12/review-rouge-dior.html 

In this photo, I've used Dior Rouge on my upper lip and Rimmel Kate #005 on the bottom lip.
Honestly, I can just see a tad difference, but, to me, they are all just pink lipsticks, so from now on I might as well purchase the cheaper one...i.e., Rimmel Kate haha. 
Here are the swatches. Rimmel Kate evidently is more pink than Dior Rouge 663 but on the lips...there barely is that much of a difference sooo.



Shade: #001 


 Swatches!
The camera has made my wrist look very wrinkly and disgusting--I promise it isn't that bad in real life...

So! Burning questions:

Are they long-lasting?
They do last...as long as you don't eat or drink. 

Are they moisturizing?
Yup. They don't try your lips out at all. 
Do prepare your lips beforehand with vaseline/lip balm so the lipstick can glide smoothly across your lips instead of scrapping through your dried lip skin.

BTW, they are all matte and creamy. 

What I like:
  • They don't taste horrible....you know how sometimes you eat food with lipstick on and the taste of lipstick is just so abhorrent? Well, Rimmel Kate isn't so bad...but there still is a taste, just not that strong.
  • Creamy
  • Moisturizing
  • Good pigmentation 
What I don't like:

  • Nothing so far 

Price: SO CHEAP. I bought this on the plane for HKD 150 which is Rm 63 max! :O


No comments:

Post a Comment