Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review: Maybelline the magnum volum'express cat eyes mascara

* Black Waterproof

This has got to be one of my favorite mascara ever. I've had trouble finding mascara that really hold curls. After 1 year of trying Dior, Estee Lauder, Volum' Express The Rocket, I finally found it!
 Bare lashes
Currrrl

Curled 
Applied (one layer)

I believe mascara can 'open up' your eyes so much more than eyeliner and in a much natural way (take the Jenners and Kardashians for example, they've all got big big lashes that make their eyes appear huge).

This mascara is super waterproof. Yes. I mean it when I say super waterproof. In fact, it's one of the most waterproof mascara I've used and it's...cheap! 
I bought it at Guardian for ....around Rm 36 (?) 

Anyways, if you wear this to do sports and sweat like a...cow, you won't find yourself with racoon eyes at all. I know, Unbelieveable!! 

This mascara is smudge-proof. It holds curls well. 

This mascara can be layered on. I find that usually by the 2nd layer lashes will clump up together, however it does help lashes to appear more thick as the formula really darkens the lashes and make them appear more full as they're stuck together...hehe.
To prevent this, as long as you have something like...toothpick or eyelash comb or old, clean mascara wand to separate the lashes while your lashes are still damp and not fully dried, you will be able to get rid of the clumps and let your thick lashes fan out! 

Being tremendously waterproof, it does have its prices: it's hard to get off.
It requires more drops of makeup remover to remove it and more patience and time.
If you applied on lots of layers, you'd have to be extra careful with your lashes as it might be removed along with the mascara and nobody wants that!
Sometimes when I apply too much force (wiggling the cotton wipe around too much, pressing on my eyelashes hard), wanting to remove everything quickly, I will find 1-2 eyelashes on my cotton wipes even if I only have on 1 layer of this mascara.


(yes...it's quiet worn out.)


The brush is small so it's easy to use on my short lashes and easy to get into the corners.
When I used this for the first time I really didn't like it because it clumped all my lashes together (maybe this is because I didn't remove any excess since you're suppose to do it to new mascara?), but the more I used it, the better it got.


This mascara is not so much for lengthening.  If I don't curl my lashes before applying this, you still wouldn't be able to see anything.

What I like:

  • Holds curls
  • Super waterproof
  • Cheap
What I don't like:
  • Hard to remove
Rate: 4.5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment