Saturday, February 15, 2014

Review: FreshLook Dailies (Rich Brown)



The diameter is 13.8mm
I have no idea what BC stands for 

For those of you too lazy to read, it says here: 69% water! (You can read the rest yourself if you'd like)

Without (obviously)

With (No more white beneath my iris) 

[This is how my mascara gets after a 2-hour-swim, pretty good, right? 
I don't have panda eyes, only some smudges C':  

If you are interested, I reviewed the mascara I have on here: 

http://to-flawless.blogspot.com/2014/01/review-maybelline-volumexpress-magnum.html



Enhanced picture so you can see the design better


Note: Circle lens=contacts that will make your eyes appear larger by emphasising the size of your iris, come in different diameters/sizes. 

This is very natural looking. Only 1 person noticed I was wearing contacts when I had them on, and that was because she wears circle lens herself, so she was able to tell. 

I have small eyes and was very hesitant about wearing circle lens at first, incase I don't have enough space in my eyes so it would look super fake on me. I bought this anyway to try it out. 

I have no idea what the average/regular size of a person's iris is, but these are only 13.8mm (a tiny bit larger than the size of our iris). 

As you can see in the With & Without picture, it isn't too big horizontally; in fact, the white parts on the right and the left of my iris had barely gotten any smaller. Vertically however, I do see a difference because the whites beneath my iris got covered by the contacts. 

The design of this contact is very good! It's made of tiny pixels and that's why it blends in so well, and the color is so so close to dark brown eyes, don't you think?

I think this is a good choice if you want to enhance your eyes inconspicuously. For school or work or date or whatever, it's great!

I do think you should only wear this if you've got dark brown eyes. Incase you haven't noticed, this contact is not meant for changing the color of your iris, it'll only make your iris bigger than it actually is so your eyes will appear bigger. There is only a ring around the edges and no color elsewhere so your natural color will pierce through. 

But!! I guess if hazel/blue/any other colored eyes wore these contacts, it might look like the picture below? (dark brown ring around the iris.)
This is Ashley Olsen btw :P

I'm not sure how many hours these contacts are wearable for, I believe its between 6-8 hours.

Because its 69% water, I thought it wouldn't irritate my eyes as much but after around 2 hours, my eyes were already starting to...feel dry. The discomfort isn't bad though--after a drop or two of eye drops, it's like nothing's happened :) 

The maximum hours I've had these on for is...9 hours. 
Nothing happened. I mean, my eyes didn't go blind or anything haha. 
I did feel discomfort(dry and kind of itchy) after around 8 hours of wearing them(no eyedrops used).
My eyes were kind of red when I took them out at 3am (after 9 hours), but it's all good! 

Just make sure you take them out before you sleep!! Never forget this!!

Also, it's totally fine to work out with these on or wear them to the pool.



Note: 
  1. Many many circle lens are 14.4 or 14.5 mm and those are the ones that will make a big difference. 13.8 is very natural-looking.
  2. I know there are circle lens the size of 14.2 mm, I think those might have almost the same eye enlargement effect as these, 13.8mm. Because really how much of a difference is there between 0.4mm? I will soon try contacts with the size of 14.2mm and fill you in!
  3. I also have tried this in the color Jet Black, I don't have pictures for this, but Jet Black is not as natural as this, it's very noticeable. Like Rich Brown, it's got a ring on the outside but the ring is jet black, even darker than my eyes (dark brown) so people might be able to tell easily. If you prefer the natural look, go for Rich Brown.

This comes in 5 pairs per box, packed individually. 
I got this for Rm35. 
This is quite pricey for me...if I wear them 5x a week, I'd have to spend Rm140 a month...

Some math for you:
This for 20 days = 140 Rm
Avacue, clear contacts; daily for 30 or 31 days =120 Rm

What I like:
  • Super natural (color)
  • Super natural (look)
  • Blends easily to dark brown eyes
  • Easy to put in 
  • Can wear this up to 9 hours
What I don't like:
  • If you get the contact out of its packaging too roughly, it might rip...(yup, happened to me, so be gentle!)
  • Pricey sigh 
  • Easy to rip apart (must be very gentle with these)
  • You can't pinch it out (when you remove them from your eyes), you must, for me at least, peel it off from the side
  • Even with 69% water, it still causes discomfort (But my eyes naturally are dry so...maybe it's just me)
  • A bit hard to take it off

Rate: 4.5/5

Ok. 
As of now I've used more than 10 pairs of these. I'm not sure if it's just my eyes, but these contacts are quite hard to take off. For those of you who already wear contacts, you'd know the way to take off contacts: simply pinch it off--easy and fast! Well, this is how I do it anyways. 

For these, no matter what I just can't pinch it out! The only way to get these off of my eyeball is to kind of 'dig it out' from the side. It's not as scary as it sounds--just place your nails under the contacts from a side and just...scoop it out. It's painless but it will irritate your eyes. 

I really think it's the contacts because come on, I've used more than 10 pairs of these from different boxes so there's no way something's wrong with just that 1 pair :P Also, this never happens to me when I wear other contact lens.



 If you are interested in seeing the results of a 14.2mm circle lens, read here:

http://to-flawless.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-blincon-elegance-crystal-grey.html

3 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in trying this lens as well but I've read a few reviews that say it might rip if you're not gentle enough and that sounds really scary :( which is why I dare not try. I really like your reviews by the way. Simple and straight to the point with the pros and cons haha: )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! It doesn't rip that easily haha. They are soft but they've got quality! I've ripped one before and that was because I was in a hurry to take it out of the container and so I just dug my finger--or should I say, nail--right in and made a cut on it :P But don't worry, they won't rip randomly when they are in your eye--even when you rub your eyes.
      And thank you!

      Delete
  2. I've tried this Freshlook from Ciba vision couple of times before but it still make my eyes irritate and I thought if I keep wearing then it can suite to my eyes but it is a dissapointingly no. now I only buy the contact coloured lens that made of hydrogel or hydrogel terpolymer because they are very high oxygen permeability thus it can cause less irritate to your eyes. hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete