Friday, February 7, 2014

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain



(note: photos aren't edited)

This is my first time trying out a lip stain and I must say I am happy with what I've come across :)

This is very moisturising, I noticed after 2 hours of application, the dried skin on my lips tend to be a lot more 'subtle' and a lot less noticeable. 

This is quite long-lasting too! I have no fear of wearing this when I know I'm going to eat because since it's a stain, the color doesn't come off as easily as a gloss or lipstick. The color of the stain does get on my food though, when I bite, but the color on my lips will be just as good. 
This lip stain usually last about 4-5 hours for me before it completely fades away. 

Bare lips with vaseline 
               
This is the result after I gently dabbed it on
 
1 layer, no dabbing
2 layers

The color is very good, it matches the 'crayon' perfectly! I haven't tried the other colors in this series but I assume it'll be just as good as this one, 'Lovesick Passionate'. 

I was very apprehensive about this color at first. This color is very bright and no doubt one of the brightest lip color I own, and the last time I tried a color similar to this, it made me look very old. Since my skin color is yellow, this kind of bright pink tends to make my skin color look dull. However for some reason this color doesn't make me look like a old grandma, instead it brightens up my complexion. So grateful. 

I absolutely love wearing this color if I know I'm going to be dining when I head out. Since this is a stain, you don't have to worry about it wearing off so fast. The last time I wore this, even after I ate my lips were still pink!

What I like:
  • Moisturising
  • Long-lasting
  • No taste (just incase you eat it or lick it)
  • No smell
  • Waterproof (the color doesn't wash away if you decide to go under water!)
  • Color is very accurate to its packaging 
  • Color can be adjusted to your favours
  • Good packaging 
  • Affordable (below Rm 30 in Guardian)
What I don't like:
  • Nothing so far!

Rate: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment