Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Review: Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash

*Cetaphil DERMACONTROL TM Oil Control Foam Wash



Note:
  • I have tiny pimples on my face and overall the skin on my face just isn't smooth, it has...'little bumps' all over haha. 
  • My skin type is oily. 


My dermatologist recommended this to me and also gave me a packet of antibiotics that was enough to last roughly around 2 months. He said it would take 2-3 months for my skin to become totally clear.

This foam wash has a pleasant smell, and the this smell helps to wake me up in the morning when I wash my face. You only need 1-2 pumps and that's enough to cover your entire face. 

I can't say it has cleared up my acne at all, it's been 3 months now and my skin condition is still the same: Redish and little bumps all over with occasional pimples 'popping out'. 


If you're someone just looking for a good face wash for oily skin, this would be good, because it doesn't contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Ammonium Laureth Sulfate,  and those are 2 ingredients found in commonly face wash, shampoo, body wash which will really strip away the natural oil (that's bad).

This is a very good face wash for oily skin because it doesn't strip down your natural oils (too much), therefore, it'll not dry-out your skin. 


It really doesn't do much when it comes to clearing up your acne though. 


What I like:
  • Smells good
  • Foam wash (bubbles are fun :P)
  • Doesn't strip off too much natural oil produced on the face, thus not leaving the face dry after wash
  • This bottle lasts for 2 months (use this twice a day) (236 ml)
What I don't like:
  • Don't help much with my acne...
  • Cetaphil is a bit pricey compared to other drugstore bought face wash since it's imported I guess, you could find cheaper face wash just as good as this 

Rate: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment